Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A beautiful summer match


When it's hot as Hell outside, and your family is driving home from visiting friends, and you're hungry, what do you do? You fire up the frying pan, whip out the tortillas, get the shredded cheddar, pull a bottle of Hennepin, kick back and enjoy!

I love Saison. It's spicy, tangy, funky and clean. It's such a wonderful beer, and Brewery Ommegang's Henne is a great example of the style.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this beer for years- and can completely understand why Duvel went forward and bought the brewery; Ommegang is a class-act, all the way around.

- Posted using BlogPress from my mobile

1 comment:

Nick said...

Sorry if I've ranted and raved about Hennepin before (I don't think I have) but it's so good!

This beer scores 8/10 now; 9/10 fresh. Find this beer and enjoy it.