Friday, September 23, 2011

How awesome is this?!?

Next locally grown craze: beer hops

In our try to really keep things local, I found this link yesterday from CNN where there is a resurgence on local hops farming.

The video focuses on a farm in NY, but here in MD, we have our own farmers starting hops.

As a matter of fact, Flying Dog like I said in a previous post, they just released Secret Stash, an ale that they intend to tweak every year; and gor the inaugural release, they used hops from Stillpoint Farm, where we paid a super brief visit.

I haven't had the opportunity to drink it yet, though I'll write a blurb on the beer shortly. I will say that the bottles I've given out from this sixer have landed rave reviews.
But, come out to Frederick, on Sunday to attend the FD yard sale: it's sure to be a hell of a party, rain or shine.

- Using BlogPress from my mobile

No comments: